UBUNTU TOUCH AUDIOCAST 045 - SUBCONSCIOUS COMPUTING
3 kwietnia 2019
Wayne (out there) & Joe (in here) put the convergence debate to bed and open a can of worms to the future...
In this episode:
- Culture: Do UK people make fun of Canadians?
- Culture: 'and more'
- The Convergence Forum Post - go there.
- Wayne confesses Joe influenced him on a topic.
- Joe is torn between cool and goofy on the new NexDock crowdfunding thing announcement
- Wayne & Joe discuss pros and cons (again) about this device
- The 2010 multi-function convergence-like device has been around a while - this topic ain't new
- Are we innovating stuff from the wrong perspective? We may be basing our ideas of technological innovations based on past and present.
- Back to the Future and Minority Report. Yeah. Those movies...
- Has Joe become an Old Linux Guy (OLG)???
- Are we trying to fix stuff that isn't broken?
- Wayne concludes the only thing missing is a dock and a box.
- Markdown Talkdown: why can't we format a text document with speech-to-text?
- Where is innovation needed: backup and security
- Joe hit Wayne with a Eureka Punch:
- Conscious: Screen, keyboard, dinging apps, phone ring, etc
- Subconscious: backups, redundancy, sharing resources
- Metal As A Service (MAAS)
- Wrist watches: a great way to get addicted to looking at your hairy wrist...and also tell the time!
- Here's an idea: Let's make smartphones... smart!
- Should we hack the phone to match society, or hack society to match the tech?
- Freedom of choice is key, but do we have a healthy choice now?
- Don't you dare stop Wayne's pipe-smoking!
- Can community help members make better choices?
- The power of convergence is that it allows the reduction of development from multiple environments into one - just one. How much money/time would this save?
- Joed's nice convergence article