Company that creates technical solutions for the way people live in the 21st century.
- This is what we believe:
- Devices are your personal property. We won’t force you to have anything on them you don’t want to have.
- We will always play well with others. Closed ecosystems are divisive and outdated.
- Premium materials and true craftsmanship shouldn’t be just for the few.
- Devices shouldn’t become outdated every year. They should evolve with you.
- Technology should assist you so that you can get on with enjoying your life.
- Simple is always better.
The Free Software Foundation
Nonprofit organization to promote computer user freedom
- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is a nonprofit with a worldwide mission to promote computer user freedom. They defend the rights of all software users.
Bits of Freedom
Dutch organization for internet freedom
- We are striving for internet freedom in the Netherlands. The government and industry must conduct good policies and take into account the citizen's civil rights. We do research, we lobby, we run grassroot campaigns and provide people with practical advise. We do this with a variety of expertise, a clear vision and with the assistance of an involved posterity. We have a constructive attitude wherever possible, but take sharp action where necessary.
Disroot is maintained by a small group of volunteers based in Amsterdam.
- We originally created disroot out of personal need = we were looking for software that we could use to communicate, share and organize within our community. Most of the available solutions were missing the key elements that we find so important; Our tools should be open, decentralized , federated and respectful towards freedom and privacy.